BLUEBELLEbeginnings is a program for MDwise members who are pregnant. MDwise holds Bluebelle’s community baby showers for pregnant members across the state. We also provide pregnancy information and resources.
MDwise wants to help make sure your baby is born healthy.
If you are pregnant, call to let us know. Your MDwise representative will ask you a few questions about how your pregnancy is going and to see if there is anything that we can help you with. We will also send you important information about pregnancy.
You can earn MDwiseREWARDS points for going to your prenatal and postpartum visits. You can then redeem your points for a free gift card. Learn more
It is very important to pick a doctor for your baby BEFORE he/she is born.
Every MDwise member must have a doctor, even new babies. Pick a doctor for your baby while you are still pregnant. MDwise has a program called pre-birth selection. It can help you pick a doctor if you don’t know who to pick. Or, you can talk with your doctor, nurse, caseworker or family and friends. You should pick a doctor in your own MDwise hospital system. We also call it a medical home. As soon as you pick your baby’s doctor, call MDwise customer service to tell us your choice.
Making Healthy Choices to Prevent Birth Defects
from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
SMOKE-free is for members who want to learn how to stop using tobacco. Please remember the program does not take the place of your doctor. Talk with him or her before starting any health program.
The Benefits of Being Tobacco Free
- Your baby gets more oxygen, which promotes healthy growth.
- Your baby’s lungs function better.
- It lowers the risk of your baby being born too early.
- It increases your chances of having a healthy baby.
- It lowers the risk that your child will have health problems (coughs, colds, ear infections and asthma).
- It decreases the chance your baby will die of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- You will have more energy and breathe easier.
- It saves money so you can buy more things for you and your baby.
Indiana Tobacco Quitline
Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Helpful Links to be Tobacco Free