As a MDwise Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) member, remember these basic rules:
- You can only choose and change your doctor by talking with MDwise. Call MDwise customer service right away and confirm your doctor.
- Carry your MDwise card with you at all times. Show your card every time you get health care.
- Contact your doctor first for all medical care.
- Only go to the emergency room for true medical emergencies. Call your doctor first if you aren’t sure.
- Make sure MDwise always has your correct address and phone number. This will help us contact you about you and your family’s important health care information.
- You must get preventive health care and check-ups each year you have coverage to qualify for rollover.
- You must pay your monthly contribution to stay in HIP Plus. If you do not make your monthly POWER Account contribution on time, you may be disenrolled or moved to HIP Basic, depending on your income.
- Review your member handbook for important information.
- Some services need approval from MDwise before you get them. This is called prior authorization. For more information, see page 16 of the Healthy Indiana Plan member handbook.
Get information on benefits, covered and non-covered services.
Learn more about your POWER Account and how to pay your monthly contribution.
Review your rights and responsibilities as a MDwise member.
Helps connect HIP members to Indiana’s workforce.
Find out how much your health care services cost.
Read about your benefits and how to stay healthy.
Learn how MDwise makes sure you get the best health care.
Learn how to report any changes in your household.