Paying Your Monthly Contribution
It is important to make monthly contributions to your POWER Account.
If you fail to make your POWER Account contribution within 60 days you will:
- Lose the chance to see your doctor.
- Depending on your income level, you may move to HIP Basic or lose all coverage.
- If you lose coverage, any remaining portion of your contributions left over in your POWER Account balance will be subject to a 25 percent penalty.
- Depending on your income level, you will have to wait six months to reapply for HIP.
Pay By Phone
You can make contribution payments with a debit or credit card by our automated payment by phone system. Call our payment center at 866.539.4092
or 800.743.3333 (TTY for hearing and speech impaired).
WISEpay (pay electronically, ACH or check)
Make contribution payments online with WISEpay or via myMDwise. You can use a debit or credit card. Learn more about WISEpay.
For general billing and collections help or help with your online payment, please call WISEpay customer service at 866.539.4092 or 800.743.3333 (TTY for hearing and speech impaired).
Pay By Cash
Please do not mail cash. Below are the ways you can make your monthly contribution by cash:
1. By using MoneyGram
You can make your POWER Account contribution using cash in person at a MoneyGram location at no cost.
- Find a MoneyGram location—over 41,000 locations inside retailers like CVS/pharmacy, Walmart and many more.
- Bring these with you:
- Cash: enough for your payment
- Your MDwise Recipient Identification Number (RID) found on your member ID card
- Receive code: 15187
- Complete the MoneyGram ExpressPayment® blue form, use the red MoneyGram phone or use the MoneyGram kiosk to complete your transaction. (Payment processes may vary depending on your location. Simply ask an associate for help.)
2. By paying at any Key Bank location
- Please call the Key Bank Billing and Collection customer service at 866-539-4092 to request payment slips and obtain complete instructions on how to make cash POWER Account contributions with Key Bank.
Pay With Employer or Other Third Party Contribution
Ask your employer or a third party organization if they are willing to pay for part or all of your POWER Account balance. He/she will need to fill out the Employer/Third Party Contribution Form
. This will reduce the amount of money you have to pay.
Pay By Check or Money Order
Send your check or money order to the address listed on your invoice.
All checks and money orders are held for 10 days to allow them time to clear. Please keep this in mind when mailing your contribution.